I was walking through CVS last night grabbing all the cough medicine and Afrin I could carry, no I’m not a drug cook just really sick, when I happened across this little beauty. I had been looking for a laptop tray table to use in bed, but I didn’t want to spend a lot of money as I’ve never had one before and didn’t know If I would like it. Well this one by Home Exclusives caught my eye, at $14.99 I figured what the heck, I’ll give it a shot!
For the past few nights, to my surprise, I have been very pleased with it… now it’s not anything fantastic, it has its flaws.
By the way, that is my Asus N10J-A2 Netbook in the photo, for size reference.
- Made out of wood with a nice dark finish (My camera made it look light cherry, but it is more like a cocoa powder color).
- Light and thin and can fold up nicely and slide under the bed.
- Has a tilt function and has a lip on it to hold things in place.
- Also has an area for your mouse if you have one.
- The wood is most likely particle board.
- The lip wasn’t glued in ( So I’ll have to re-glue it).
- You have to reach around behind it to set the tilt height.
- The legs don’t lock to the open or closed position.
I am digging it so far, I have to re-glue the lip on, but that’s an easy fix. Also I think If I tighten the screws that hold the legs on I can add more tension to them so they stay open and closed better. For $15 dollars plus change I’m pretty happy with this purchase, I know now that I like using the laptop tray table and maybe someday I’ll even upgrade to a more expensive one when this one gives out. Until then happy computing!